Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finally a break in the bad weather

This week has had benevolent weather. Slow melting of some of the snow has left all the trails covered within now ONLY 18" of snow. Seriously thinking snow shoes as a training modality...LOL

45 Minute run...all good....end of weekend was a 6 mile walk around the town. With the huge piles of snow through all the neighborhoods any cars coming through immediately create an uncomfortably close encounter.

Got the usual odd looks as I, in my hiking boots and gear are hoofing it around town. Today it was in the upper 40s which was really nice for a walk, but I am not sure the rest of the town felt the same call to the outdoors.

Come to think of it, if I wasnt looking at the calendar and knowing my precious training time is flittering away, I would probably be doing something else than wander around town. I wonder how long it will be before the trails are open again. I need hills and elevation change. Can't wait to do a new trail down in VA, supposedly hits the highest point. Having done highest point in Maryland a year ago, VA is a nice add. I laughingly looked up what the highest point in Delaware is. Turns out its the top of a bank building. Guess I can't take the elevator and call it a summit, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment